Village News

CommSolarBanner

We are pleased to announce that Lake Bluff is joining our neighboring communities in the North Shore Electric Aggregation Consortium (NSEAC) to provide residents with community solar subscription options through the CS2 Residential and Small Commercial Program.  The CS2 Program is a partnership with the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus to provide residents an opportunity to support new renewable energy development in northern Illinois while reducing monthly utility costs.

What this means for residents:

  • In October residents will receive a postcard from the Village notifying you that they can place their names on the CS2 Program reservation list.
  • Once community solar projects are completed, residents on the reservation list will be informed that they can complete the subscription enrollment process on a first come-first served basis. There is no cost for residents to place their name on the reservation list, and residents can remove their name from the reservation list at any time.
  • Residents that choose to complete the enrollment process will begin receiving net metering credits on their monthly ComEd electric utility bills for their share of the electricity generated by the Community Solar project.
  • After net metering credits are delivered to subscribers by ComEd, MC-Squared Energy Services, LLC – the billing administrator of the CS2 Program - will bill you for 80% of the net metering credits – leaving the subscriber with 20% of all net metering credits. Your monthly bill from MC Squared Energy Services, LLC will also report how your participation impacts the environment each month.
  • Residents may terminate their Subscription at any time at no charge by simply notifying MC-Squared Energy Services.

Why did we help create the CS2 Program?

In 2019, NSEAC communities were proud to be the first local governments in Illinois to secure community solar subscriptions through the CS2 Program to support the operation of the 900 kW Rainy Solar Community Solar project located in Elgin, Illinois – the first operating community solar farm funded under the Future Energy Jobs Act (FEJA). 

Now that more community solar projects are under development in Illinois, we saw an opportunity for residents to save money, reducing the unpredictability of energy rates and support a more sustainable energy supply in Illinois.

The CS2 Program provides a safe and effective community solar option that:

  • Is available to all Residential and Small Commercial customers served by ComEd;
  • Requires no enrollment fee or investment;
  • Requires no credits checks or minimum credit score;
  • Delivers a guaranteed 20% discount on energy supply costs through net metering credits; and,
  • Allows a no-fee termination.

For all of these reasons, we are pleased to offer residents the CS2 Program.

For more details you can also check out our CS2 Program Frequently Asked Questions at lakebluff.org/CommunitySolar.

COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and critical for our return to normal life. Starting April 12, all Illinois residents aged 16 and older will be eligible to receive the vaccine although some areas or sites may still prioritize specific groups for their vaccine allocation. 

Questions regarding vaccine administration in our area should be directed to the Lake County Health Department or your healthcare provider. The Village of Lake Bluff does not have a direct role in prioritizing vaccine recipients or administering the vaccine.

1071EWP 9461 1

 

The Lake Bluff Police Department was awarded national accreditation on March 27, 2021 by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). This is the eighth continuous award the department has received. The agency was first accredited in 1999. 

W. Michael Hosking, Chief of the Lake Bluff Police Department, stated, “there is value in the accreditation process.  Allowing an independent evaluation of the agency leads to growth and affirmation that we are doing the right thing.” 

The CALEA Accreditation Process provides public safety agencies an opportunity to voluntarily demonstrate that they meet an established set of professional standards based on industry best practices and approved by an all-volunteer 21-member Board of Commissioners. Lake Bluff's reaccreditation followed a multi-year self-assessment phase and a meticulous site-based assessment of community engagement, policy, procedures, equipment and facilities by CALEA assessors. 

In 2017, the Village Board of Trustees unanimously adopted the Village’s 2023 Strategic Plan. The result of months of effort of community volunteers, the plan aims to unite the policy, resources, and stakeholders of the Village in service of the Village’s health and vitality. 

View a one page summary of our progress so far here. (July 2018)

Or, view the full report: