Pet owners are reminded that the proper care and attention to pets residing in the Village is paramount to their health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others. The following are several rules for pet owners to know:
- All dogs and cats are to be registered with the Lake County Department of Health as required by the County;
- Dogs and cats must be inoculated by a licensed veterinarian for rabies as soon as practicable;
- Dogs and cats must have a collar with the current Lake County Health Department license tag attached (include name of dog and name and address of owner);
- Dogs and cats must remain under the control of the owner at all times;
- Dogs must be kept from barking excessively; and
- Always clean up after your pet should it defecate on public or private property that is not owned by the pet's custodian.
To report a stray dog or cat, or to report a pet that is missing, please contact the Police Department at 847-234-8760 X2.