Through its Semi-Annual Collection Program, the Village provides residents an opportunity to dispose of large items not picked up as part of the normal refuse collection service on a semi-annual basis. Items that may be disposed of during the program include: mattresses, furniture, barbecue grills (without propane tank), among others.
|Monday||1st Wednesdays in May & October|
|Tuesday||2nd Wednesdays in May & October|
Residents are reminded that on the designated collection day, all items are required to be placed at the curb no earlier than 4:00 p.m. the day prior to the collection.
Please know that appliances will be accepted provided that all restricted parts and/or chemicals, such as Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) or mercury switches have been removed. All appliances containing such chemicals must display a tag issued by a technician licensed to perform such removals, which provides proof that the aforementioned substances have been removed. Household chemicals such as paints, motor oil, and household cleaners are not accepted during any refuse pick-up. For information regarding the disposal of household chemical waste products, please contact the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) at 847-336-9340.
The following items will not be picked up during the semi-annual collection:
- waste generated by businesses, institutions, schools, etc.;
- explosives and ammunition;
- fire extinguishers;
- lead-acid batteries;
- latex paint;
- agricultural chemicals;
- propane tanks;
- smoke detectors;
- medical waste;
- oil-based paint;
- old prescriptions (Prescription Drop Box Program);
- motor oil;
- household cleaners;
- household batteries (alkaline and rechargeable);
- garden and lawn chemicals;
- pool chemicals;
- mercury (including thermometers and thermostats);
- humidifies, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, refridgerators and freezers (only collected if CFCs are removed and the device tagged);
- ovens and other large appliances, i.e. stoves;
- metal polishes;
- paint remover;
- driveway sealer;
- drain cleaner;
- aerosol products; and
- hobby chemicals.
To obtain more information concerning the Semi-Annual Refuse Collection, please contact Village Hall at 847-234-0774.